Increase water intake
A general rule for daily water intake:
Consume 1oz of water per every kg of body weight – this essentially equals half of your body weight in oz (for instance, if you weigh 140 lbs, you should consume 70 oz of water daily). This amount does not include what you should ingest during exercise (2oz per every 15 min of exercise).
Sixty percent of the body is made of water. Ingesting the required amount of water daily maintains the body’s fluid balance, which helps transport nutrients in the body, regulates body temperature, digest food, decrease appetite, and more. Drink 16oz of water, right after you wake up. Water fires up your metabolism, hydrates you, helps your body flush out toxins, and gives your brain fuel!
Eat more greens
- Green vegetables provide us with a variety of nutrients, and most importantly, they provide us with lots of fiber!
- Fiber plays an essential role in your digestive, heart, and skin health, and may improve blood sugar control and weight management
- Vegetables, nuts, and seeds are the most healthful sources of fiber
- Most people need upwards of 50 grams of fiber per 1,000 calories consumed; most Americans get nowhere near this amount
Speaking of greens, see how often they appear in the 10 Healthiest Vegetables on Earth list?
Improve your posture
Good posture not only looks better, it has tremendous health benefits.
- Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly.
- Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces.
- Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together.
- Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions.
- Promotes healthy circulation and gives you a more youthful appearance
Get more sleep!!!
Sleeping 7-9 hours per night is suggested for most adults, but children and teenager require even more. Making a habit of more or less sleep than needed can increase your risk for serious conditions like diabetes, heart disease, and even death. Getting enough quality sleep is also key to a healthy lifestyle.
Apple cider vinegar
Add 2 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) to 16-20oz of water, drink first thing every morning. Wait 20-30 before ingesting anything else. Consuming this mixture detoxifies the body, regulates ph balance in the body, relieves allergies, is a natural appetite suppressant, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, and so much more.